New Jersey, Five Boroughs of New York and Long Island, Delaware and Pennsylvania
Welcome to the 2019 Atlantic Corvette Caravan website. Your co-captains leading everyone back to Bowling Green Kentucky to celebrate the 25th Silver Anniversary of the National Corvette Museum are John and Mary Nist. Our caravan encompasses Eastern New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware.
Just to tell you a little bit about us we joined the Museum in 1996, became Lifetime members in 1997 and One Acre Members of the Motorsports Park in 2012.
We’re also very excited to be leading our caravan back to Bowling Green in 2019 and hope you will consider joining us as well.
To help make our 2019 Caravan as successful and enjoyable as 2014 we are in need of State Leaders, Local Leaders. The pay will be very low ( actually nonexistent ) but visibility very high and much appreciated by all.
The pay will be very low ( actually nonexistent ) but visibility very high and much appreciated by all.
Below is what we have in mind for 2019 but still need to work out a few details. More information to come.
Satuday, August 24, 2019. Our journey begins in Harrisburg PA.
Things to do, more information to follow:
- Meet and Greet Pizza Party on Friday evening
- Corvettes at Carlisle
- Hershey Park
- Turkey Hill Experience
- Hotels to be announced
Sunday, August 25, 2019 and Monday, August 26, 2019
Stone Wall Resort West Virginia.
The Resort below located on a beautiful lake of 82 miles of shoreline, sixteen miles of hiking and biking trails.
- Sunday, August 25, 2019. Dinner Buffet evening of check in
- Monday, August 26, 2019, Breakfast Buffet and Dinner Buffet
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019, Breakfast Buffet and checkout
- Admission to the state park, self and valet parking, local telephone calls, high speed wireless access, use of the fitness center, shuttle service throughout the resort, indoor/outdoor pools whirlpools, sauna, steam rooms and a daily ‘Fun in the Sun Cruise’ on the Little Sorrel boat
- 900 foot pedestrian bridge that crosses over the lake
- Lakeside fire pit that is set every evening to enjoy
- Car washing area with hose
- What’s available:
- Pontoon boats and recreational crafts will be available to rent
- S’mores packages for $9.95 serving four to roast on the open fire pit
- Things to see around Stonewall:
- Lamberts Vintage Winery
- Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum
- Clay Mountain.
- American Glass Museum
- Military Museum
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 Lexington Kentucky
Hotels to be announced.
Things to do:
- Horse Park
Wednesday , Thursday and Friday, August 28 – August 30, 2019, Bowling Green Kentucky.
Things to do:
- We are in negotiations with the MotorSports Park to obtain track time at the NCM Motor Sports Park
- Corvette Museum
- Corvette Assembly Plant Tour
- Aviation Heritage Park
- Fountain Square Park
- Beach Bend Park and Splash Lagoon
- Visit WKU ( go Big Red !! )
- Be a Volunteer and meet other corvette folks – you will get a free t-shirt
A 2019 Atlantic Corvette Caravan Route Book will be available for anyone wishing to place an advertisement. Personal and Business sponsorship is very much welcomed and appreciated.
Captains John and Mary Nist
E-mail – AtlanticCaptains2019@gmail.com
John’s Cell 609-752-9290
Our 2016 Z51 Long Bech Red convertible ( getting ready for Bowling Green in 2019 )
Please make sure you are signed up to keep current on National Corvette Caravan news: Click here to sign up for Caravan Chat